Thursday, June 25, 2020

Bovina Bicentennial Celebration, Update 18


I hope that everyone is coping with our changed world during the COVID-19 Pandemic. While saddened that we have had to postpone our big Bovina Bicentennial celebration to next year (July 31-August 1, 2021), the safety of Bovina's citizens and our visitors is paramount.

But we can still find ways to celebrate Bovina's milestone birthday. 

Let's start by sharing pictures of you and your family at home during this challenging time in our nation's history. And include in the picture the Bicentennial logo. Get creative! We'll share these on social media and maybe make a slide show of your images. You should be able to print off the logo at the top of this entry but if not, let me know and I can e-mail you the image. If you have the Bovina Bicentennial poster, you could use that instead. 

Here's a couple of pictures of my cats with the logo to get you started. I'm sure you all can get more creative than this!


Another idea I want to try locally is sort of a reverse float parade. It would be fun if people would decorate their houses celebrating Bovina's history and/or their family's history. If you are interested, please contact me at bovinahistorian@gmail.com. The decorating should be done by the end of July. My plan is to publicize what homes are doing this and create a driving tour of these homes that people can see during the first weekend in August. 

Bovina's turned 200 and no nasty virus is changing that - it's just changing how we celebrate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment