Thursday, June 27, 2013

Eva McIntosh - A Personal Memory

I was saddened this morning to hear of the passing of Eva McIntosh.  While it has been awhile since I've seen her, I'll always have fond memories of her during my time delivering the Binghamton Sunday Press.  From 1968 to 1973, I delivered this Sunday morning paper to folks in Bovina Center (and also left a stack at the creamery for the outlying farmers).  Very much a morning person back then, I delivered the paper around 6 am.  Most folks were still in bed or just getting up and about, but not Eva.  Eva would already have been up at least an hour and was often using that time to bake.  So on a route where I rarely saw anyone to talk to, I always looked forward to stopping at McIntoshes to have my weekly chat with her (and maybe a cookie or two).  Eva will be missed.

Below is a picture that includes Eva (third from the right in the photo).  It is of a "Style Show" put on by the Bovina Recreation Club sometime in the 1950s.
Left to right:  Marie Renner, Carolyn Keefer, Helen Thomson, Emily Archibald, unknown, Jen Thomson, Ina Thomson, Ruth Monroe, Eva McIntosh, Mrs. Arno Olsener, Betty Hall.  This show took place on the stage at the Community Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment